We Will Have Words, God.

"Man! Gen X-ers are in total mourning this week!"

This is what The Husband said to me after he walked through door this evening, and I told him Michael Jackson had died. We had earlier in the day communicated about Farrah Fawcett's death. And we both noted Ed McMahon's death earlier this week.

Charlie's Angels and the red bathing suit poster... Star Search (and nights where we were allowed to stay up and watch The Tonight Show)... And now, the man who gave us some kick ass music (only pre-1992, everything after that was "crap") and encouraged us to experiment with 80s fashion.

God, if you take out any of the following anytime soon, we will have to have words...
  • Any of the New Kids On The Block
  • Michael J. Fox
  • Bill Cosby
  • Larry Bird
  • Mr. T
  • Richard Dean Anderson
  • Angela Lansbury
  • Pac Man or Ms. Pac Man
(Me pumping fist...) "We will have words God. We will have words."

Comments

April Elizabeth said…
i think pac man and mrs. pac man are safe.

i hear bill cosby on the radio, he sounded good. But Jordan Knight looks like hes hitting the The Diet hard.
Lindy B said…
I see that you've mentioned Michael J Fox here in your list. Have you read his books, Lucky Man and Always Looking Up? I highly recommend them - they are both thought provoking, fascinating and well written. If you haven't picked either of them up - check 'em out.

Cheers! :-)
Bex said…
agreed. I would also like to add:

*punky brewster
*will smith
*lionel richie

I think God should be very afraid of having "words" with either me or you should he not heed our advice...
Ellie said…
So true...I'd also like to include Kirk Cameron & Madonna. Although I don't think god is taking Mike Seaver anytime soon, since they are real tight these days (or so I've gleaned from his horrific movies on the Hallmark channel)


PS - Angela Lansbury is still alive?!
Fred Savage, Jennifer Grey (since sadly Swayze is on his way out), and Belinda Carlisle. If they go, I go too.

Popular Posts