My Staple Beauty Products.

I am not a beauty junkie. I was, at one time, a spa junkie. But I am over that.

Oh don't get me wrong... I still love visiting a spa. But I do not go nearly as often as I did at one point. Two years ago, they knew me by name at Exhale. I went every week for something... Eyebrow waxing... Acupuncture... Pedicure... Facial... Massage...

I do not do that anymore. I keep a lot of my beauty and relaxation habits within the walls of my apartment. Eventually, I will own a home with a glorious master bathroom that is just like a spa's... But for now, I make do with my small apartment bathroom and the following beauty products...

  • Head & Shoulders Sensitive Care Shampoo + Conditioner - I wash my hair everyday after Bikram now. Sensitive shampoos are essential. This one gets my hair clean and preps it for conditioning... Which I need a LOT of with my hair's thickness.
  • Pantene Pro-V Conditioner - I have used this one for so long. I love it. It works so well with my naturally wavy hair. I use the "Colour Revival" one to help me keep my dyed colour.
  • St. Ives Mineral Therapy Body Lotion - I use both the body wash and the body lotion of this. It smells really clean And the body lotion works well. The Husband uses it too, after shaving and on his neck - a really sensitive area.
  • Crystal Deodorant - You won't ever catch me using any other kind of deodorant. I only use these crystal rock sticks... And I don't particularly have a favorite brand. They keep you from smelling AND they don't have aluminum in them, which means your white shirts won't develop yellow stains on them. They are not antiperspirants... So you will still sweat, but you won't smell. And really, I think a little (or a lot) of sweating is good for your body.
  • Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream - This is, without a doubt, the best hand cream in the world. It is so thick. And it works wonders. I travel with it as well... It will unchap the dryest of hands.
  • Bare Minerals Foundation - I've worn mineral make-up for four years now. I will never go back to the liquid stuff. Mineral make-up looks so natural. And it doesn't clog pores.
  • NARS "Orgasm" Blush - This, I believe, is on many women's beauty lists. It is a phenomenal colour on most skintones. And it lasts forever. I have had mine for longer that you are probably supposed to have it... (Two years.) But it still works perfectly. Why replace it?
  • Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, Rose Marigold Floral Water and Soy Face Cream - I love Fresh's products. They are pricey, but a little goes a long way. So they last you a while. All three of these (cleanser, toner, face cream) smell light, like cucumbers and roses. And my skin isn't left feeling dry and harsh after using them.
  • Smith's Rosebud Salve - This little blue tin is amazing. A-mazing! First, the lip balm inside is a magical elixir that really does what it is supposed to when it comes to keeping your lips hydrated. Second, it lasts forever. I have had my little tin since 2005. This is a great buy.
These are the things I need everyday, without fail. Nothing else is needed, but I do have other stuff... Perfume... Eyeshadow... Mascara... Eyeliner... Perfumed body lotion... I also love Epsom salts, but need to go pick some up.

What about you? What are your staples?

Comments

Great list! I too love the Neutrogena hand cream, Rosebud salve and Fresh's Rose Marigold tonic water!

I have a slew of products I use every day - and I have some favorites, but I'm a sucker for trying new stuff. My faves are: Cetaphil lotion

Neutorgena sunscreen, SPF 70, for faces - I mix it with everything - foundation, primer, highlighter and of course, just on its own!

Oil of Olay mineral ribbons body wash - so moisturizing and smells fab

MAC blot powder - helps prevent the oiles

Bobbi Brown long-wear gel liner - i wear a shade of this nearly every day!
Bex said…
question i have been meaning to ask you...does the crystal deodorant make you want to punch babies when you use it after shaving? i love it too, but on the days i shave, babies (and small animals) had better watch out...
Me said…
It does sting a little, Bex. Bit it doesn't sting me as bad as it seems to sting you.

I only want to punch babies when they smile and coo at me. Or when they call me "bitches."
Anonymous said…
ok, here go the faves!
-Mario Badescue ceramide eye gel
-Mario Badescue SPF17 oil free moisturizer
-Witch Hazel
-Johnsons lavendar baby oil
-Coconut oil (rub on eyelashes before bed, they will grow!)
-Dr. Bronners Magic Soap
-Noxzema
-Crabtree and Evelyn Gardeners Hand Therapy
Blink Kiss Me Mascara
Bayjb said…
I LOVE the St. Ives lotion. Works great. My biggest staple is the Smashbox Under Eye Brightener. I would never leave the house without it. SO great.

Um, I hear you're a good person to ask about Boston restaurant recos. I'm coming there this weekend and am dying to check out some great places!
Meaghan said…
Thanks for the ideas...I just hit up Sephora during lunch to get an extra set of make-up (trying to work-out during lunch more often, but I hate having to re-pack my make-up each morning). I ended up getting the Nars blush and Fresh cleanser and face cream.
amandadawn said…
So does that mean you didn't like the Sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner? I picked some up, and I am not really sure how I feel about it.
Me said…
I go back and forth with using the sulfate-free stuff. It's good stuff... But I haven't been able to find up here in Canada.
Vanessa said…
I have the NARS blush too and LOVE it.

Popular Posts