Coconut Water: And You Thought It Was Only For Yoga...

I love coconut water. I have even referred to myself as a "coconut water snob" in recent weeks. And I am. I totally am.

I have my favorites (Zico Passion Fruit-Flavored Coconut Water), the ones I loathe (anything by Vita Coco) and the one I like enough to drink regularly (O.N.E.) since I can no longer get my favorite now that I am in Canada.

I drink coconut water either before or after a Bikram class. It is superior at helping you hydrate before or after class. Sure, you could put all the chemicals of Gatorade or Vitamin Water into your body to do the trick too... But coconut water is natural and good for you. And it works better. Perfect for hydration. And so, I never imagined it could be used for anything other than that... Till today.

I was reading through this mornings Styles section online and saw an article about coconut cocktails. But instead of using the milky, sweet froth in silly cocktails... It was about how you can use coconut water to create sophisticated cocktails. Like the Morisco Sour.

Hmm... Coconut water and alcohol... Yummy... This "snob" can get on board with this.

I don't recommend drinking this before or just after a Bikram class though.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE O.N.E. COCONUT JUICE!!

I agree with you Vitacoco is just nasty!!!

I like zico's flavors but not the natural coco juice.
Me said…
I agree! The natural flavor of Zico tastes off to me. I only drink that flavor if it's the only option. For some reason O.N.E.'s natural flavor tastes much better than Zico's.
Jordan Brown said…
You should try DR. Tims ISO-5 it is flavored coconut water and it is super yummy!!!! The flavors are so light and refreshing. you can buy it at http://brazilbotanicals.com/

Popular Posts