Bikram Yoga Challenge: Day 11/60.

Yesterday's class was tough. Today's was all kinds of awesome!

For some weird reason, I seem to be having mini break-throughs with the following poses:
  • Awkward - I can come down further on the second part, with my heels really high. Also, in third part, I am getting better at keeping my back straight when coming out.
  • Eagle - It's no problem whatsoever for me to get my right leg wrapped around my left. The left leg around the right is a bit of a struggle too... But It is inching much closer, and it FEELS tighter.
  • Cobra - I totally get this pose now. Belly button on the floor. Arms tucked in and down. Back lifting up. Shoulders down. Neck and head relaxed all the way back.
  • Locust - I still want to throw up in this pose... But my legs are averaging between 6 to 10 inches off of the ground. This is amazing, seeing as I usually get them maybe one inch off the ground.
And given the time of the month that it is for me, the fact that I had such a great class was even more amazing. Normally, my practice is shit this time of month. But today's was just focused and solid.

Only 49 days left!

Comments

thedancingj said…
Tried to comment earlier but I think blogger ate it... anyway... HOORAY! Sounds like good stuff. Especially cobra, that sounds beautiful!! :)
NewToBikram said…
Congrats! Sounds like your 60-day challenge is quite an adventure.

(And I'm really glad you brought up the time of the month, albeit in a very subtle way. You see, I just started Bikram a few weeks ago and, well, it'll be that time for me shortly. And I've been wondering if it's still OK to go or if it would be problematic. I didn't know who to ask, but now, thanks to you I don't have to! And it seems I can go to yoga next week as well. Thanks!)
Duffy Pratt said…
Locust is my throw up pose too. It is totally amazing when the legs first start to pop off the ground.
Me said…
Duffy, I was AMAZED when I felt inches of air beneath my legs and feet in Locust. It was the best feeling!

NewToBikram: Thanks! Don't hesitate to go to class any time during the month. It will be really good for your body... Just make sure you take extra care to not be dehydrated during that time. I definitely recommend you get some extra electrolytes to compensate for water and mineral loss you will experience because of nature's way.
Rebekah said…
Geez louise....6 - 10 inches?!? I didn't even think that was physically possible. Glad to read that you're seeing all these amazing advances in your practice! Btw, the first set of Camel is my throw up pose. I think it's all the up and down from the floor that gets to me on that one. I can do it, but it does not feel pretty.

Popular Posts