Bikram Yoga Challenge: 23/60.

I hesitate to write this... But I feel like I have a completely different body than I had 23 days ago.

But, I do.

Not only have my husband and I both noticed my body tightening and trimming... But today, another practitioner noticed too!

"You can totally tell your body is trimming down," she said.

And then my heart soared!

You may not understand it... But I have done 30-day Bikram challenges in the past. And while my body did change a little, it has never changed this much. My ass is smaller. You can see my abs starting to get definition on the sides. My arms and calves are much more slender and tight.

And my thighs? Well, let's just say that coming out of the third part of Awkward is much smoother. In fact, I can keep my back against the "imaginary wall" when coming out. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DO THAT!

It means my inner thighs are working hard and being developed. SQUEE!

Also, I can tell my body has changed because of how I carry myself. I walk with grace now. When I sit, it feels different. My legs feel more relaxed and my hips are much more open. And I often find myself standing still and just balancing on one leg for no reason.

I feel lithe.

I have seven days left in the 30-day. And I am completely ready to go for the full 60.

Comments

Duffy Pratt said…
Getting on a roll like that is so cool. Congratulations. Especially on Awkward 3. That's a big moment.
Me said…
I know! It totally is! I always thought, "There is no way I will ever be able to come straight up."

Then, "BAM!" One day, your body just does it.
Anonymous said…
Congrats on the progress! Next on the list : The elusive mythical 10pack, perhaps?
NewToBikram said…
Your progress sounds fabulous, and it must give your motivation to continue such an extra boost!

Just out of interest, how many times per week were you doing Bikram before the challenge (on average)?
Me said…
Newbie: I used to average two to three times a week.

I think a lot of my body changes, though, are due to my attitude towards the yoga. I've always loved it. BUT, it wasn't until I made the decision to go to teacher training that I finally said to myself, "YOU MUST STOP FIDGETING AND FOCUS IN YOUR PRACTICE!"

Once I started doing these things, my practice really began to take off.
That Girl! said…
You're such an inspiration lady! I can't even must the motivation to get to bikram a couple of times a week. This seriously must stop. Perhaps, I'll use this post as my "kick in the ass" to begin my practice again.
bikramyogachick said…
Ah, I know exactly what you are talking about. When I feel like that I call it my "yoga body".
Lithe...that's exactly how it feels. How wondeful is that! Enjoy your "yoga body".
:)
thedancingj said…
YES! Yes. Your second comment about the attitude difference - that was my immediate thought, too. You just made a POWERFUL mental shift, and it is SO cool that its effects are already showing up in your body. Cause like you said, you've done plenty of 30 days before, but this one sounds like it's totally different. Awesome.

Popular Posts