Bikram Yoga Challenge: 27/60.

"Daaaamn!"

That's my thought as soon as I get to the studio and see who is going to be teaching the 11am class. It's the tough teacher. The one who, although he has good dialogue delivery, loves to hold the poses for a really long time.

Painfully long.

Of course, before class, I am assuming that it is just me who knows how tough this teacher can be. I told him the first time I had him that I was planning on going to teacher training in the fall. And he spent the rest of the class pushing me. Which was a great thing... But I was in so much pain during and after the class. And I felt that today was not the day to be pushed. I wasn't hydrated well enough. And my calves are a but sore.

So I struggled through the class. And it wasn't bad. But my body could tell the poses were being held longer. And the teacher's delivery had a lot of intensity to it. Just when you thought he would say, "Change!" He would not.

Cruelty.

But, again, I thought it was just me. It was not though, I soon discovered.

After class, one girl came up to me in the locker room to tell me, "That was a tough class! I haven't practiced since Tuesday. It was painful! I thought the poses would never end!"

I laughed and told her that this particular teacher likes to hold them a long time.

I was glad to know it wasn't just me thinking this.

Only 33 days left!

Comments

Popular Posts