Cafe Yogi: Bikram Yoga Community.

I love Birkam yoga.  Most of you know that. 

I was introduced to Bikram over five years ago.  I read about it in a magazine, and searched online to discover that there was studio in Downtown Crossing I could practice at.  But a friend of mine discouraged me from practicing...

"I know so many people back in San Francisco who have had really bad experiences with hot yoga," she said.  "Don't do it."

Well, I let her warnings keep me from giving it a try for a few months.  But eventually I said, "screw it!"  I had to give it a try.  I loved heat. And after looking at the yoga postures online, I saw that they would be challenging but not put too much pressure on my weak wrists.  

So off I went to my first class in October 2004.  I really enjoyed it.  And since then, every class has been a serious challenge.  No class is ever the same.  And the heat feels so good.  

Looking back, I wish I hadn't let my friend talk me out of giving it a try sooner.  I wish there had been a Cafe Yogi back then...


Cafe Yogi is an online community for Bikram hot yoga enthusiasts.  But it's not just for people who are currently practicing... It is for anybody who wants to learn more about Bikram.  Topics include teacher training, 30/60/90 day challenges, advanced postures... All kinds of things.

Give it a try!  "Party time!"

Comments

Bex said…
ooooh! awesome find! I just signed up!
Anonymous said…
Thank you SO much for sharing Cafe Yogi with your readers.

People who practice Bikram Hot Yoga are a very special breed. Its awesome that there is a place for them to hang out.

Thanks again. :)
Anonymous said…
Hi Mrs!

Here is another site that's really good:

http://www.hotyogadoctor.com/
http://www.hotyogadoctor.com/index.php/site/forum/

:)

Popular Posts