Cankles: I Don't Got 'Em.

Just following up from an earlier conversation this weekend...

Cankle (defined): An obese or otherwise swollen ankle that blends into the calf without clear demarcation.

Some jealous person left a comment on my blog trying to give me a complex about my legs. He (at least it read like it was a comment from a "he") told me I had cankles based on this picture.



Umm... You can't even see my calves in this picture. You can barely see my ankles. So I figured I would take a different picture...



This was not easy to take. I had to take it in a mirror without the flash. But clearly, I do not have cankles.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Definitely no cankles. I love the shoes too. Good for you for not taking crap from a troll!
Frogger said…
For starters, there is no reason for anyone to ever make someone else feel self-conscience about their own bodies. Secondly, you should never doubt your own worth and figure - and I mean that figuratively. It infuriates me - not just as a close friend but as a woman - that someone made you feel you had to second guess your own figure.

I've always had a 'body complex', but I've learned from you how to dress myself and be comfortable in my clothes and skin. You've showed me the flattering ways of clothes and comfort in a way that fits my body.

I may not be the size I once was, but at least - thanks to you as a friend and fashionista - I know how to flatter myself and feel confident in what I wear and HOW I wear it.

And, no, I don't have cankles, either.

Popular Posts