Healthy Dish For The Weak: Lemons, Olives & Chicken.

I wasn't feeling too well this afternoon.  So instead of going to yoga, I decided to take more time to make dinner tonight.  

Since The Husband is a HUGE fan of green olives (whenever we order a pizza, it has to have green - not black- olives on it), I decided to try out a new recipe.  Well, new for me... I pulled from my full collection of Martha Stewart Everyday Food and made Chicken with Roasted Lemons and Olives.

Lemons are a Winter fruit, so you can get them fairly reasonably during the season.  


I had never paired them with green olives before, so I wasn't sure how the salty olives and the tangy lemons would go together.  But once I combined the chicken, garlic, olives, lemon juice, wine and broth together...


Things started to smell fantastic in the kitchen!

I paired the dish with some jasmine rice I have had on hand for a few weeks now...


I love how the roasted lemons turned out! They were so tasty too, because you season them with salt and pepper before you roast them.  

Very healthy... As there is no butter and only a small tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil that you use. I will definitely be making this again, when I have time to.  It's not a quick dish... It took about an hour to get it all done.  But it was very much worth it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Do you have a link for this recipe? I might try it tomorrow! It sounds delicious!
Me said…
Ah! Unfortunately, I can't find it on the Martha Stewart website.
Jeanne said…
This looks really amazing and I'd love to try it. Couldn't find it on the website for Martha either. Any chance you have the link or could share the recipe? Thanks much!

Popular Posts