Pearls & A Brooch... But Not Prissy.

I had a very important Valentine's Day dinner to attend.  Frogger and I wanted to hang out in the North End (her hood) and make fun of all the "lovey-dovey" couples eating Italian food all dressed up on super fancy dates.

I decided, though, that the evening out called for some fun jewelry.  Only problem, I spent the afternoon looking for funky jewelry to wear... And I found nothing.  So I came home and rigged up my own funky jewelry...


That's two cheap fake pearl strands from the Marc Jacobs store (about $10 each) and a cheap skull and crossbones brooch.  The pearl strands are just twisted around my neck, and then gathered at one point with the brooch.  

It is a super easy way to wear pearls and a brooch without making them look too "prissy." And it was, I think, the perfect accessory to wear in a sea of prissy couples.

Comments

Frogger said…
Definitely a much better look than many of the too-short, too-tight dresses worn by other women on V-Day.
Adorable!!! I love it!
Bayjb said…
What a great idea. Very funky Chanel-like idea. Question though, with the broach, how did you get it to gather the pearls without stretching them to fit around the string?
Me said…
Thanks B! Yes, Chanel was my inspiration!

The back of the brooch is pretty deep, actually. So the clip of the pin fit around the four strands very easily.
Vanessa said…
Love the shirt you have on with the pearls and brooch. Would you divulge a designer?

Popular Posts