Raven Denim Question: True To Size?

Well, I must say... This is probably more of a question for the Denim Mafia from Jean Therapy... And I invite them to comment regarding it...

A reader (LeeAnn from Denver) wrote in with an inquiry about Raven Denim (one of my favorite denim brands):

I love the trouser jean look, but most brands/styles have legs that are absurdly wide and just aren't that flattering as a result.  I noticed in your post about the McKenzie style that you don't feel that the legs are too wide, so I'm thinking of ordering a pair of my very own.  However, since I have no experience with RD and don't know of any place in Denver that carries the brand, I thought I'd hit you up for sizing advice because I will most likely have to hunt them down online.  In your opinion, does the McKenzie style run true to size, small, or large?

In my opinion, the McKenzie style runs fairly true to size...  But then, I tend to wear my jeans on the tighter side - which is how a true denim guru would tell you to wear them.  We all know that jean brands can definitely differ from brand to brand...  And I actually wear a size smaller in Raven jeans than I do in other brands, like Paige and Red Engine.  (But again, I wear my jeans tight - as denim stretches.)


I hope that helps answer your question, LeeAnn!  And I think other readers may be able to point you in the direction of where to best buy Raven either in Denver or online.

Comments

That Girl! said…
The Mckenzie is a great trouser shape for women who find tradition trouser legs to be too generous in the leg. It's a lot more fitted but with a traditional trouser shape.

We have found that the Mckenzie in the Koop Indigo or Raw color tends to run one size larger in the waist than then their other styles such as the Sadie bootcut in the same fabrication. So if you wear a size 27 in the Sadie Koop Indigo, you might need a 26 in the Mckenzie Koop Indigo. However, Ravens in general tend to run fairly true to size.

A lot various factors can change how a particular jean style fits. Things such as the fabric and the wash can change how loose or tight a jean turns out. For example, we have the Joe's Honey in stock at Jean Therapy and we've found that the "Perry" color fits a lot tighter than the "Mulholland" color, but it's still the same exact style of jean.

I hope you find this information helpful :)

Good luck! I would highly recommend trying them on if you can; if it helps, I'm more than happy to call the company and see who might sell Ravens near you so you can try them on.

I have family and friends in Denver and I've actually given serious consideration to opening a shop out there. It's a wonderful city!

Popular Posts