MNG Closed? I Hardly Knew Ye!

About a year and a half ago, when I first noticed the signage for the MNG store in the Prudential Center mall, I was excited.  I had heard great things about the brand and was looking forward to them coming to Boston.

The space, in prime position - next to Saks, sat empty with signage for many months.  When they did finally open, I was very unimpressed with what they were offering.  It seemed like all they had were old season stuff.  Nothing seemed to be current at the time.  And when it seemed that they never did catch up to carrying the current season's stuff.  

They just weren't that into capturing Bostonians' fashion interests...  Because now, it appears the store has closed...


Windows frosted over...  Store empty - except for those stupid mannequins in the red t-shirt dresses screaming "SALE!" on them.

I am not at all surprised it closed.  A lot of what they were carrying was dated and when you got a close-up look at it, you discovered that it was really shoddy in quality... But yet, the prices weren't reasonable for the quality.

So many shops in the area are either scaling down and moving, or they are closing altogether.  It's sad, for the most part.  But MNG was never a good fit.  I never saw anything in the windows that was really worth going in to visit.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am sure that The Shops has something else coming soon ... I noticed that once Femme closed they had Stil in within a week! I also noticed that next to Vineyard Vines, Wagamama is opening!
Me said…
I hope they do... I would hate to see a space empty there.

And I saw the Wagamama signage up a few weeks ago, and I am TOTALLY psyched about that! It'll be nice to have one close to home, rather than just in Harvard Square and Quincy Marketplace.

Popular Posts