Core Synergy + Bikram = 1047 calories.

Today was the first day this week in which I attempt to hit a special class at the gym.  And I have to say, I chose very wisely.

Today's class was Core Synergy.  It's a mix of pilates and balancing, done on a few Bosu balancing tools.  The teacher, Emily was awesome.  I had taken a few yoga classes with her in the past, and her energy just radiates from her so strongly...  You always have a good class with her!

The class itself was tough, and really required you lock down your pelvic muscles and keep good alignment - which work the core.  If you didn't lock the pelvic muscles or keep aligned, you would fall over.

I burned 237 calories in the class, which I think is pretty good.  There was no cardio...  It was all working the muscles. So I think anything over 200 for that is pretty good.  Afterwards, I went to Bikram and burned another 810 calories in 90 minutes.  

Two and a half hours of exercise, and over 1000 calories?  Not bad!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Missus! How do you know exactly how many calories you've burned? -Angie
Me said…
Hi Angie! I wear a Polar heart monitor strap and watch while working out... You input your height and weight, and it uses your heart beat to calulate out what you are burning.
That core class rocked. My ass feels like its going to fall off today, got to love that burn!

Popular Posts