Weekly Poll: How Would You Spend A Stimulus Check?

I am just sitting here watching President Barack Hussein Obama do a press conference with a main theme of the "economy."  So I am just curious, "If checks were issued, how would you spend your stimulus check from the government?"

The poll is on the right and will be up all week.

*The last tax refund I got was in 2001 when George W. Bush pushed a stimulus through.  I got back about $250, and I spent it on an airline ticket to visit a friend in Fort Smith, Arkansas. 

Comments

Vanessa said…
I selected other and for me "other" would equate to putting the money toward my Volvo that I (hopefully) will have soon.
nancy said…
I voted that I would purchase a computer -- mainly so I can get rid of this piece of crap that crashes every five minutes. Also so that I can complete my Federal taxes online to confirm that I owe the freakin' government $1200. I love America.
Unknown said…
As I noted yesterday, I'd totally spend all my stimulus on this: http://tinyurl.com/d5uoft
I'd put it toward my eventual trip around the world. I've been bad about saving toward that lately.

But if we do get a stimulus check, it will likely be in several small installments. Economists and Obama say it's more likely it will actually be put into the economy if it's given in small amounts that people know will keep coming. People tend to save/pay off debt with larger amounts.
Me said…
Yep.. I can see that, according to my poll, that most people would pay off debt.

Smaller amounts is a good idea, to keep things circulating.
Anonymous said…
I would further invest in my newly established event coordination business.

Popular Posts