Starbucks Red Velvet Cupcakes: OMG!

I had seen these red little things in the display case at Starbucks for a few weeks, but never felt like trying them.  I mean, Red Velvet cake is easy to screw up.  It is amazing when you get it right, but if you don't get it right, it is "puke-city."

But the Twitter chatter lately had alleged that they were "the shit."  So I decided to just throw caution to the wind and go for it.


These are the best things on the menu!!!

Look how red they are!  And the frosting isn't obnoxious, like I thought it would be!  It was so good!  Very creamy and fluffy.

Wow Starbucks, you certainly are becoming more to me than just coffee and shitty soy milk.

Comments

The Mommy said…
I just had one of these for the first time this morning. OMG. I'm glad our closest Starbucks is still a decent walk away otherwise how the heck would I work off the calories?
Shity, shity, shity soy milk....
Frogger said…
I LOVE the red velvet cupcakes!!!!
Bayjb said…
Wow I am so glad you posted about this. I saw this at the SBUX last week and wondered if it was any good. Shit now i have to get one.
Me said…
I hate to admit it... But they are. They are worth it.
Vanessa said…
I had one of these and am now on a quest to duplicate the recipe! Delicious!
Benjamin said…
Sorry folks, but they are now going to be discontinued. Just chocolate only.
Me said…
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please say you are lying Big Ben!
Anonymous said…
The red velvet cupcake was the best thing starbucks had going, I'm done!!!!
Anonymous said…
I'm not a big cupcake fan, but I swear to God, these red velvet cupcakes are incredible! Especially first thing in the mrong when they are fresh - I think its the icing. Does anyone have a recipe for this??
Anonymous said…
I just had the red velvet cupcake at Starbucks yesterday so they still have them...they are not discontinued! It was simply amazing! I make my own red velvet cake but this recipe is to die for!! I am dying to find out how they made it!!!!
Unknown said…
I just had one today. It the frosting is really weak. Never have I had to struggle to convince myself into finishing the icing. The red velvet bread is also pretty stale tasting.

I don't think I'll order another one of these in the future.

Big disappointment.

Popular Posts