Goals For The Week: Exercise Classes.

While out at dinner last night, The Husband and I got to talking about my "depression" lately.

I put "depression" in quotations because it's not the real depression, where you need medication to deal with it.  Mine isn't so much "chemical" as it is from "boredom."  I am so bored, I barely see a reason to leave the house.

Odd, I know.  But allow me to dissect.

See, when I was working, I had a reason to get up at a specific time each day.  I had a reason get dressed, fix my hair and stop off at Starbucks on the way to work...  I needed to look nice and I needed the energy from the coffee to get me revved up for the office.

But now... I don't have to get dressed up and out of the house by a certain time each day.  And I don't have to stop off at Starbucks to get myself perked up for the office.  So, in an effort to get me out of my funk this week, The Husband suggested I hit one exercise class (beyond Bikram yoga) each day this week and that I dedicate a few hours afterwards to writing outside of the home.

"That'll eat up a huge chunk of your day," he pointed out.  "And it will get you out of the house."

So, this week, I will try the following classes at the gym...
  • Monday: Core Synergy
  • Tuesday: Centergy
  • Wednesday: Impact!
  • Thursday: PowerNAP
  • Friday: Studio Cycling
  • Saturday: ZenMotion
  • Sunday: Slow Flow Yoga
Back when I was working, I used to complain to The Husband that I didn't have the energy or time to try these classes... Especially if they were during the day.  But now that I am in a "forced retirement" for at least the next three months, I do have time.  And I might as well use it to try out all the things I wanted to do but never had a chance to.

Comments

Having been there in that same "depression" after having my son I can totally say the gym saved me.

That being said these some of these are not the best equinox has to offer. If you can try to take the TUESDAY/THURSDAY/FRIDAY classes with Eden. they will kick your ass but are also amazing for your body!

Also the power nap class is pretty much a waste, the regular yoga classes are much better.

Either way having a routine is the perfect way to fix what's bugging you. And of course I am always there to join you!!!

xoxo
ym
So I just got back from the slow flow yoga and I thought it would not be that great great but OMG I loved it!! The teacher is a combo of nicole ritchie and martha coakely and I loved her!!! She so kicked my ass. I hope to see you next weekend!

xoxo
Anonymous said…
If you're looking for good classes at Equinox, take a yoga class with Marc (he teaches Monday night and Friday at lunchtime). He teaches a really challenging, but fun flow.

Popular Posts