Dress Code: "Smart Chic."

Frogger and I have some shopping to do tomorrow afternoon.

Well, actually... I don't have any shopping to do for myself... We will be in search of some stuff for Frogger tomorrow, and have plans to meet up late in the afternoon for shopping and a cocktail. Since we'll be at the Copley/Pru/Boylston Street, we have decided that we should try out the M Bar inside the Mandarin Oriental Hotel for our cocktail...

Their specialty cocktail menu includes a lot of fun-sounding martinis and high balls... Like the "Missing My Cereals" (vodka, meletti chocolate liquor, milk), "Aladdin's Love" (vodka, jasmine, green tea), "Singing Tokyo" (gin, limoncello, yuzu juice, raspberry puree), "Moscow Mule" (vodka, ginger beer, lime juice)... And if you like a good dirty martini, the M Bar makes it with vodka, dry vermouth, and an olive brine cube.

As for me, right now I have my eye on a New Zealand Pinot Noir they have on the wine menu. And since I think I have my drink choice out of the way, all I need to do is figure how to dress fr the afternoon. The bar, apparently, has a dress code of "smart chic"...



I think I have an idea of what that would be...



See! Who says the LBD is what you wear as the default for any occasion? It's jeans, blazer, blouse and heels!

Comments

That Girl! said…
If you guys happen to be in Kenmore at all, come and visit me :) I'll be at Jean Therapy on Saturday and we got some brand new Paiges in!
I've been there, and this is the perfect outfit. The only ones wearing the LBD will be the cougars! Yes, I said it.
Have fun, the strawberry basil martini is yummy! As in YUMMY!

xoxo
ym
Frogger said…
Mmmm, I love a good dirty martini.
Anonymous said…
Where is the blouse and necklace from? I love them!

Popular Posts